Vision, Aims & Values
Cothill House provides an inspirational education and unrivalled boarding opportunities for boys in the heart of the Oxfordshire countryside where:
- Each boy is treated as an individual, nurtured and encouraged to find his strengths and develop his independence.
- Staff instil a love of discovery and learning amongst the boys, and build their confidence.
- Boys are prepared for the challenges they will encounter at future schools and are taught how to learn.
- Boys are encouraged to embrace teamwork, be happy, busy and polite.
- The qualities of leadership, kindness, truthfulness and respect for others are nourished.
- A wide range of opportunities are provided to inspire, enable and embolden all boys, and assist in their personal, social, academic, physical and cultural development.
As a full boarding school, Cothill House aims to provide a friendly and caring boarding environment that reflects the atmosphere and ethos of home and seeks:
- To create an open and trusting atmosphere where boys feel able to approach any member of the school community, confident that they will be listened to and treated as an individual.
- To develop a climate of tolerance, kindness and trust where harassment, teasing and bullying will never flourish.
- To provide the conditions where boarders’ intellectual, physical and emotional needs are met, in an environment which values effort, achievement, kindness and empathy.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of every boarder, by providing an environment that is, as far as is possible, free from physical hazards or dangers.
- To provide a variety of wholesome, tasty and nourishing food for all boys.
- To develop the boys’ sense of responsibility for self, others and the environment.
- To provide supportive links with parents and guardians.
- To provide accommodation that is comfortable, cheerful and suited to the needs of all boarders and which provides appropriate levels of privacy.