Aims of the History Department:
- To develop a sense of history and awareness of the passage of time, and to allow each pupil to form an informed historical perspective through which to view the present.
- To promote an excitement of the subject through an appreciation of its importance to both the individual and society as a whole.
- To enable pupils to understand, appreciate and empathise with the differing roles of individuals, communities and nations in historical events.
- To develop the skills of reasoning and of analysis of historical evidence.
- To provide a variety of teaching and learning methods that allow pupils of all abilities to engage with the subject and to make progress.
- To use methods of assessment that enable teaching staff to monitor the level of progress made by each pupil, and to feed this information back
View Schemes of Work
Paste in video URL and save page via the "Edit" tab at the top of the page