Aims of the School
School aims & objectives
Cothill House aims to provide a happy and purposeful environment where boys can thrive.
• Every boy is treated as an individual, nurtured and encouraged to find their strengths.
• Staff endeavour to instil a love of discovery and learning amongst the boys, and build their confidence.
• Boys are prepared for the challenges they will encounter at public school and are taught how to learn.
• Boys are encouraged to embrace teamwork, be happy, busy and polite.
• The qualities of leadership, kindness, truthfulness and respect for others are nourished.
• A wide range of opportunities are provided to inspire, enable and embolden all boys, and assist in their personal, social, academic and cultural development.
School boarding aims & objectives
In boarding, Cothill House aims to provide a friendly and caring boarding environment that reflects the atmosphere and ethos of home.
• To create an open and trusting atmosphere where boys feel able to approach any member of the school community, confident that they will be listened to and treated as an individual.
• To develop a climate of tolerance, kindness and trust where harassment, teasing and bullying will never flourish.
• To provide the conditions where boarders’ intellectual, physical and emotional needs are met, in an environment which values effort, achievement, kindness and empathy.
• To safeguard and promote the welfare of every boarder, by providing an environment that is, as far as is possible, free from physical hazards or dangers.
• To provide a variety of wholesome, tasty and nourishing food for all boys.
• To develop the boys’ sense of responsibility for self, others and the environment.
• To provide supportive links with parents and guardians.
• To provide accommodation that is comfortable, cheerful and suited to the needs of all boarders and which provides appropriate levels of privacy.