Aims of the History Department:
- To develop a sense of history and awareness of the passage of time, and to allow each pupil to form an informed historical perspective through which to view the present.
- To promote an excitement of the subject through an appreciation of its importance to both the individual and society as a whole.
- To enable pupils to understand, appreciate and empathise with the differing roles of individuals, communities and nations in historical events.
- To develop the skills of reasoning and of analysis of historical evidence.
- To provide a variety of teaching and learning methods that allow pupils of all abilities to engage with the subject and to make progress.
- To use methods of assessment that enable teaching staff to monitor the level of progress made by each pupil, and to feed this information back